SUMMER IMMERSION YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Empowering Education | Deep Yogic Immersion | Experiential Learning | Skilled Teaching Methodology | Personal Growth & Transformation
This 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is foundational for learning to teach yoga. We also offer a 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training for those who have already completed 200 Hours of training at a Yoga Alliance accredited school.
The next session of our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training will start at the beginning of July of 2019 and end at the beginning of August 2019. Applications and enrollment will begin in January 2019. Sessions meet daily with the exception of Sundays. Please forward questions about this training to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Three Areas of Emphasis:
1. Experiential Learning
- We believe in putting knowledge into practice and experience, rather than simply reading texts and writing essays.
- You will learn both western functional anatomy and yogic anatomy and how to apply them to yoga postures.
- We incorporate skilled core stability and activation with Pilates principles taught by a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- Includes in-depth study and practice of asana (yoga poses), pranayama (yogic breathing exercises), meditation, and teaching practicum.
2. Personal Growth
- We value the unique qualities of each person, no "cookie-cutter" teachers here.
- You will learn how use ancient yogic philosophy and wisdom to live authentically, with greater health and wellness.
- Includes mindfulness exercises, history of yoga and its lineages, tools for transformation, and a nurturing, supportive community of peers and teachers
3. Teaching Methodology
- We know the importance of teaching with confidence.
- You will learn specific tools and techniques to be a effective teacher.
- Includes skilled verbal cueing, assisting, sequencing, class planning, ethics, and the business aspects of yoga.
Special Populations Training
- We have an inclusive studio environment and work with a range of students of varying shapes, sizes, and needs.
- Includes Seniors, those with Injuries, Prenatal, Postpartum, and more....
- You will learn skills to teach students in this key niche of the yoga world.
- Includes study of why and how to modify for students’ individual needs.
- At least 6 months of yoga practice (2-3 times weekly) and an open, curious mind.
- A filled out application and an in person or phone interview with the Mind the Mat Director of Teacher Training, Michael Peterson.
- Note: it is NOT required that you become a yoga teacher after training. Many students take this course for their own personal development.
Program Benefits – Practical & Personal:
- You will have access to 5 months of unlimited FREE yoga classes. Our location in Alexandria, Virginia has three studios, one of which is a state of the art Hot Yoga studio. This benefit also includes classes at our second studio location, in Clarendon, Arlington, Virginia. Pilates and Barre classes are not included but we encourage you to observe these classes upon request.
- You’ll receive a 15% discount on class packages during the year following your graduation from the program.
- During the program, you will receive discounts on Territory prepared foods offered at our Alexandria and Arlington studios.
- Upon graduating, you’ll be eligible to register as a 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher through internationally recognized Yoga Alliance. Mind the Mat is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School.
- You will transform. This journey into the heart of yoga will change the way you look at the world forever.
- Our experienced community of teacher trainers are fun, enthusiastic, humble and wise. They will be your guides through a 1-month journey deep into the heart of yoga and yourself. Our Yoga Teacher Training is taught by:
- Michael Peterson, YTT Director, E-RYT 500 & Thai Massage Practitioner
- Sara VanderGoot, E-RYT 500 & Certified Massage Therapist
- Dr. Megan Brown, Physical Therapist & Polestar Certified Practitioner of Pilates for Rehabilitation
- Debora Jackson, E-RYT 500
- Jafar Alexander, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
- We know what skills make you marketable as a yoga teacher and we will make sure you have them.
- Upon graduating, you will be eligible to register for our Mentorship Program where you will have one-on-one post-graduate guidance as you begin your teaching, with the teaching mentor of your choice.
In addition being present at all our meeting times, you will be required to observe (without practicing) and assess (in writing) one yoga class throughout the training. We also ask that all trainees complete at least one hour of Karma Yoga (selfless service) as part of the training experience. We strongly encourage students to observe at least four more classes (without practicing) within the time frame of the free class pass.
Tuition & Payment Schedule:
- $3250.00 Full Tuition Fee. Cost includes Mind the Mat Teacher Training Manual, unlimited yoga classes during program (workshops, series, barre and Pilates classes not included), 15% discount on class packages during the year following the program, discounts on Territory prepared foods offered at our studio.
- $3000 Early Bird Special (if registration occurs and full payment is postmarked by July 31st for Fall program).
- $250 Deposit. This is required to hold your spot when registering. Please note that the deposit will be lost if you decide not to commit to the program. This deposit will be subtracted from your tuition cost when tuition is paid for in full.
- Full tuition payment required by start of program.
- Payment plans available only upon request via email to email@example.com.
A $250 deposit is required to hold your space in the program. If, during your interview, Mind the Mat determines that Yoga Teacher Training is not appropriate for you right now, you will receive a full refund of the deposit. If you decide not to participate in this program before the first day of class, all tuition will be refunded, minus the $250 deposit. No refunds will be made after the start of the program.