Our Signature HAWT Pilates - Now a New Training Program
Join us for a Q&A with Megan this Saturday, February 11 at 11:30 am at MtM Del Ray!
HAWT Pilates Teacher Training: February 23-25, 2017, Premiere Seminar held at Mind the Mat Pilates & Yoga in Del Ray, Alexandria, Virginia. Apply
Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturday 11am - 7pm, Sunday 10am - 4pm
HAWT Pilates was developed by Megan Bellamy Brown, PT, DPT, Doctor of Physical Therapy & Pilates Practitioner with over 15 years experience in teaching multiple populations. Our HAWT Pilates Certification Program Includes completion of seminar hours and:
- HAWT class observation hours (15)
- HAWT class participation hours (15)
- HAWT self practice hours (15)
- HAWT student teaching hours (30)
- Required readings: 1 book required, 1 books recommended, not included in price of training
- Passing a practical and written exam is required in order to obtain certification through Mind the Mat, LLC.
- A prerequisite of training in fitness, yoga, dance, or allied health is strongly suggested.
Three Day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) Seminar Includes:
- Foundations of HAWT Pilates
- Posture Clinic & Skilled Cueing
- Anatomy & Biomechanics of the Core
- Signature 3-Dimensional Sequencing
- Capturing & Keeping Your New Audience
- Business Aspects: Increase Your Revenue
- Daily HAWT Pilates Classes
Admission requires an application and interview process. Apply Here. Price including observation and participation hours: Special $1199 for Premiere Training! STUDIO OWNERS: Interested in certifying your studio? Licensing available. To inquire and/or apply, please contact the founder and director, Dr. Megan Brown at email@example.com
Dr. Megan Brown discovered Pilates after finding herself in an advanced class by accident. She was awed by the method and surprised that she needed to mentally connect with her body and control her muscles in a way she'd never experienced in her typical weight lifting, running and spinning practices. To enhance her skills at a physical therapist (PT), Megan pursued her Pilates certification through Polestar, an organization founded by a PT. A bit more about Megan:
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Sports Medicine from the University of Virginia (1996)
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Marymount University (Masters of Science 2001, Doctorate transition 2007)
- Outstanding Student Award Marymount University Program in Physical Therapy (2001)
- Polestar Practitioner of Pilates for Rehabilitation (2003 & recert 2012)
- Adjunct faculty & lecturer in Pilates at Marymount University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
- Co-Founder of Mind the Mat Pilates & Yoga (2008).
- Anatomy, biomechanics & special populations lecturer at Mind the Mat 200-HR Yoga Teacher Training
- Neurologic physical therapy including stroke, Parkinson's, spinal cord injury, brain injury at National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington D.C.
- Orthopedic out-patient physical rehabilitation with focus in Pilates therapeutic exercise prescription & manual therapy
- Specialized content creator in Pilates for: Prenatal & postpartum women, runners, therapeutic populations, neurological conditions, pain management
- Two time investigator in published Alzheimer's research involving exercise intervention
- Brand ambassador for lululemon (2014-legacy ambassador, current)
"The number one limitation in trainings I hear about from Pilates teachers is the lack of sequencing and class planning in their Pilates education. I have developed a unique teacher training tool to help you construct a balanced, well choreographed flow of challenging and meaningful moves that keep clients coming back for more. This signature tool, plus skilled cueing, built in core anatomy and included practice hours make this a comprehensive, ground-breaking and cutting edge teacher training. Plus, it's fun...which is always important!" --Megan